Saturday 28 July 2012

Secret of the black canvas

I was in Prague a couple of years ago and came upon the Galerie Jakubska that showed the work of the Ukranian artist Alexndr Onishenko who has now settled in the Czech Republic.
Onishenko's style is palette knife work applied to a black canvas and the "Secret of the Black Canvas" is the title of the book about his life and work.
My recent night paintings of coastal scenes have all been produced on a black canvas, here are a couple of samples.


    

1 comment:

  1. perhaps you would like to take a look at my black canvas art. i have been working on a black canvas for the last 4 years, and wish someone would notice my work like onishenko. let me know what you think, i like your work and wish i could free up my hands a bit more, but if you take a look at my blog you will see it never happens. keep up the good work and spread the word oh yes that reminds me i need to buy more black gesso! http://moiraladd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete